Monday, February 10, 2014

Art and fear by David Bayles & Ted Orland

"The fear that you're only pretending to do art is the (readily predictable) consequence of doubting your own artistic credentials." PRETENDING

"Nonetheless, the belief persist among some artists (and lots of ex-artist) that doing art means doing things flawlessly-ignoring the fact that this prerequisite would disqualify most existing works of art." PERGECTION

"The lessons you are meant to learn are in your work. To see them, you need only look at your work. To see them, you need only look at the work clearly- without judgement, without need or fear, without wishes or hopes. Without emotional expectations...."
EXPECTATIONS 

These quotes speak to me!  Often times I sit around and play it safe because I doubt how huge of a success my piece will be. If I make something I want  it to be perfect! I pretend so that I don't screw up. Art shouldn't be a perfect though! I need to look at it and take nothing more than I made this from it! Often times. Fear and emotions are detrimental to my growth as an artist. With first this is no faith, so I need faith! 



No comments:

Post a Comment